Monday, October 22, 2012

Story Time

Last week Evan and I did three days of homeschooling in a row. We had a great time, and I am hooked!

Creation, Day 1
Creation, Day 2
Creation, Day 3

My husband is a pastor, and Justin chooses Friday as his day off instead of Saturday; so we had no homeschool plans last Friday. Since Justin does work on Saturday I was going to get into Day 4 of creation then (I know, it kinda makes for a weird work week compared to most people). But unexpectedly, one of the grandparents wanted to have Evan for a day and overnight. That is a perk of homeschooling, we can often be flexible with plans where others may not get to be so flexible.

On Mondays, our public library offers Toddler Story Time at 11 AM. We have been going for the past two months and I find it hilarious! 2's and 3's don't sit still very well, are easily distracted, and are willful. Mix 8-10 of them, plus their moms, and any younger siblings into one small area, and you have a recipe for the wiggles! Actually, the librarian that lead it is great; she knows that young kids like to move and all the songs, books, and crafts are age appropriate.

Anyway, by the time we get home from the library and eat a quick lunch, it is nap time. So I have been considering Story Time our school day on Mondays.



Today's theme was "Fall". This was the page the kids colored and glued leaves onto. I have to tell you that Evan loves glue sticks! I recommend finding out if your library has regular activities for your kids.

What kinds of activities do your kids love?

No comments:

Post a Comment