Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Quick Closet Tidy-up

Got 30 minutes? That's all you need for a closet tidy-up like this. Yesterday I was feeling unproductive and I've been meaning to adjust our master closet situation a little since I've recently put all of our shoes up there. So I decided to do a quick organizing project, here's the before:


You can see a small mound of shoes, two gym bags, and 3 purses on the floor, plus my wedding gown bag hanging inside the door (which does not allow the door to close). And yes, that small, little space is shared by both my husband and myself. Let the record show that he has more hanging clothes than I- probably because he's a pastor and wears a shirt and tie every week. As you can see, this system does not leave room for our laundry hamper.

First I pulled out everything from the floor and got it out of the way. Then I took down my dress bag so I could access the closet better. I added a small shelf to the back of our closet that I already had in another area of the house. It is similar to this one:


I just did a simple search on Amazon for "metal shelf" and this popped up. Mine has only three shelves. 

This allowed me to stack our shoes on the bottom two shelves. Next, I stashed my purses on the top shelf (which in the after picture is hidden behind the hanging clothes). I tucked the two gym bags on the left side of the shelf, on the floor so we can still grab them easily, but they'll stay put until we do. This left plenty of room for me to place our laundry hamper inside the door, which keeps the rest of the room tidy. And no more wedding dress obscuring half the doorway.


And that's it! A simple, no hassle, tidy-up project that organizes things more efficiently. Better organization equals a better clean-up system.

I'd love to see your organization BEFORE and AFTER photos. Feel free to leave a link in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment