Saturday, November 9, 2013

7 Months Ago

My last post was 7 months ago (where does the time go?) I gave up Facebook on that day and I have not looked back since. I had no idea if I would go through withdrawals or get back online after a hiatus. Seven months later I can say that I will probably never go back to a personal FB page again. I really don't miss it at all. So there you have it (and maybe more than you wanted to hear).

I have definitely spent 2013 focusing on several disciplines that I needed in my life. You can read about my daily Bible study time here, and my exercising here. I will post updates about those two areas soon because they have really added richness to my life. Other than that, I tried to focus on my kids and husband much more than I had in the past. We spent most of May, June, and July out of doors in the kiddie pool. I don't think my skin has been exposed to that much sun since I was in high school! In case you were wondering, I've already lost my entire "tan" that I gained over the summer.

My husband and I decided that I could start homeschooling our oldest, Evan, this fall. I thought it would be fun. Go ahead- I'll pause for everyone to have a good laugh at the newbie, I understand. We've been hit or miss in our homeschool routine, but I keep tweaking things trying to find the rhythm best for us. Evan is only 3, so I got a really basic preschool curriculum and decided I would just make it work for us. My thoughts were (and still are) on the long, cooped up, winter months that come with living in West Michigan. I hope that some schooling during the week will wear out my son just a little and help keep us from getting cabin fever come February. My philosophy for now is to just build on what Evan already knows, at his pace, with little-to-no long term year goals. Example: I am not pushing him to be able to read by X age, or count to 100 by the end of the school year. If those things happen, great. If they do not happen, great.

I've really been taking each day at a time and trying to enjoy the moments. What everyone says is true "The days are long, but the years are short".

No comments:

Post a Comment