Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thanksgiving Lessons for 2's & 3's

Last year at this time I was making up my own "homeschool" activities to do a couple days a week with our oldest, Evan. He was 2 1/2 at the time. This year we are following a preschool curriculum, which we love! (I promise to post on what curriculum I'm using and how I'm using it in a post all it's own.) But I'm considering taking a break from the curriculum and spending the week leading up to Thanksgiving doing similar activities from last year. I had a blast this morning as I went down memory lane and reviewed the activities, Bible verses, and songs we covered way back a year ago. Check out this little guy (he looks so small!)


We focused on learning and activities centered around a Thankfulness Tree. They are easy to make and have dozens of variation options (seriously, if you want to lose four hours of your day, just head over to Pinterest and search "thanksgiving tree" and browse the variations). Here's our finished tree from last year:



And this year it would be so fun to include my almost-two-years-old, Reese. So if you'd like to implement Thanksgiving themed activities into your child's day, here are quick links to last year's posts.

Thanksgiving Day 1
Thanksgiving Day 2
Thanksgiving Day 3
Thanksgiving Day 4
Thanksgiving Day 5
Thanksgiving Day 6


No comments:

Post a Comment